It was such a beautiful weather today! A couple degrees above freezing point, not a cloud on the sky and a warm, bright sun. My mom and I then decided to grasp the opportunity, and together with the dogs, we went for a long walk in the woods. I brought my camera along so I`d be able to take some snapshots. And it made me think. Why don´t I do this more often? I might not have a dog to walk at home, but that shouldn`t stop me, should it? Because it really is the perfect and most frugal activity I can think of.
- You get fresh air
- You get some exercise and improve your health
- If you`re in need of some alone time you can go by yourself
- It can be a social activity. Call up a friend, or make it into a date with your loved one.
- If you got children, take them with you, and make a day of it. Bring some snacks and beverage, and you`re good to go.
- You can go walking in the woods, by the ocean, or if you live in a big city, why not take a stroll in the park?
- Bring a camera. Take silly shadow pictures, or try capturing your dog in motion. Make some memories!
- If you got a dog, make sure to bring a treat. They`ll love it! 😉
- It won´t cost you anything!
- It`s fun to experience nature
What kind of activites do you do? Do you have any frugal ones?
There`s a saying in my country; “Norwegians are born with skis on their feet”, and although not everyone is a good skier, I think I can say that most of us own a pair of skis. From we`re small children we learn to ski, and most elementary schools organize yearly ski-days. It`s also a really popular family activity; especially going to cabins in the mountains from January-march, to go skiing. It`s something that everyone can learn quite quickly, and it`s both fun and easy!
If you`re looking for a budget friendly winter activity that you can enjoy alone, with friends or with family, cross country skiing is something I can really recommend. If you have a dog, I`ll bet it`ll happily join you in the ski-slopes! It does cost a little to get the equipment, but once you`ve got it; it can last for many, many years. You can get skis and poles cheaper by buying the equipment off-season, or buy it used. And here`s the best part. When you`ve got it, it doesn’t cost you anything to use it. As long as you`ve got a suitable area for skiing you`re good to go. It`s also a very good way to exercise during winter!
Pack a backpack with a thermos full of hot chocolate and a camera, and go explore wonderful nature scenes.
What kind of winter activities do you do?
Have you tried cross country skiing?