I`ve travelled a lot in my life and been on many international flights, so I thought I`d share a couple of do`s and don`ts for when you`re in the air.
- Do dress comfortably. That long flight won’t feel very comfortable if you`re sitting there cramped in your seat on the airplane in supertight jeans and a tank top, with nothing on your feet but your fake louboutin 4 inch heels. The moment the aircondition is turned on you`ll be wanting that warm sweather and comfy shoes.
- Don`t dress inappropriately. Wearing a miniskirt and/or a top with a lot of cleavage is a big risk. You don`t know who you`ll be sitting next to! Do you really want to encourage that smelly, creepy guy sitting next to you, who won`t stop talking?
- Do bring a good book that you find interesting.
- Don`t try to appear highly educated by reading Tolstoy when you`d rather be reading chick-lit. Even college professors in English literature watch Project Runway and ANTM.
- Do bring your own snack, as long as it`s allowed to bring on the flight.
- Don`t waste money on buying overpriced items at the airport /or on the plane, when you could`ve bought it cheap at the grocery store last week. Do you really want to pay 8$ for tiny bag of Skittles when you could`ve paid 1$?
- Do tell the mom/dad of the kid behind you who is kicking your seat, or pulling your hair; “Stop that right NOW!” A please is optional.
- Don`t be sympathetic and think “they`re just children”. This is how they learn to behave on airplanes, when their mom and dad are unable to show them how.
- Do step aside when you`ve found your seat when entering the airplane.
- Don’t stop and make everyone wait because you can’t move your ass one step to the side. I promise you, they`ll mumble swear words.